Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday of Lent 3


Monday of Lent 3 – March 16, 2020 – Isaiah 26:3
 
[1]

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way;
    When sorrows, like sea billows, roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well with my soul.

Refrain:  It is well (It is well)
with my soul, (with my soul), 
It is well, it is well with my soul. [2] 

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” – Isaiah 26:3

There are many challenges the Christian will face in life. There are many obstacles in our road. Yet the Lord has promised to direct our life. He orders your days. He directs your life. All is well when Jesus leads us. 

Circumstances as they are cause some to question, “is God with me?” There is suffering. There are persecutions. There is violence in this world. Jesus is the one who broke the darkness of our world to enter time and space to be the true light which breaks that darkness. He came into this world to take on flesh, to bear your sin, to take on your pains, and sorrows, to bear your sin in His own body. He is the Savior that you need. 

You need not look for another. He came to be your Savior, friend and brother.

It is well with my soul, It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Look upon the heart-felt desires of Your humble servants, Almighty God, and stretch forth the right hand of Your majesty to be our defense against all our enemies; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen [3]
_________________
1. Image: Isaiah 53, Schnorr von Carolsfeld woodcuts © WELS for personal and congregational use
2.  When Peace Like a River, Lutheran Service Book © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St, Louis
3.  Collect  for Monday of Lent 3, http://www.liturgies.net/Lent/LentenCollects.htm


No comments: