Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday of Lent 2

When I Behold Jesus Christ - Lutheran Service Book #542
Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:9-10; John 15:13



When I behold Jesus Christ,
True God who died for me,
I wonder much at His love
As He hung on the tree.

God shows and clearly proves His own love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One, died for us. The Father sent His Son to die. Not for the good.  Not even for the righteous. But for sinners. This is God’s great love for you.  With thankfulness and gratitude in our heart, we praise our Lord for His great love for us.

What kind of love is this? What kind of love is this? You showed Your love, Jesus, there to me on Calvary. What kind of love is this? What kind of love is this? You showed Your love, Jesus, there to me on Calvary.[1]


[1] Lutheran Service Book, When I Behold Jesus Christ refrain; © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis

No comments: