Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday of Lent 3

When Peace, like a River – Lutheran Service Book #763
Isaiah 26:3; Luke 2:29; Romans 5:1; Colossians 3:15

When peace like a river, attend-eth my way;
When sorrows, like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou last taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul

There are many challenges the Christian will face in life. There are many obstacles in our way. Yet the Lord has promised to direct our life. He orders your days He directs your life all is well when Jesus leads us. Circumstances as they are cause some to question, “is God with me?” There is suffering. There are persecutions. There is violence in this world. Jesus is the one who brok the darkness of our world to enter time and space. He came into this world to take on flesh, to bear your sin, to take on your pains, and sorrows, to bear your sin in His own body. He is the Savior that you need. You need not look for another. He came to be your Savior, friend and brother.

It is well with my soul, It is well, it is well, with my soul.[1]


[1] Lutheran Service Book, When Peace, like a River refrain; © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis

No comments: