Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday of Lent 3



Tuesday of Lent 3 – March 26, 2019 –Psalm 19:8


The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
Psalm 19 key verse v.8 and John 6:68 —Here you have the words of eternal life. In this psalm, David reminds us once again and emphasizes the excellence of God’s Law. The Theme of the Day reminds us that eternal life is in the words of Christ and not in the words of mere men.
Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.” – John 6:68 These words are read and sung just prior to reading the Gospel on Sunday morning in the Divine Service Setting # 1.
To whom shall we go? There is none other than Jesus. Especially during the season of Lent we come to realize our own failures and weaknesses. We know that despite the many times we do not always understand what is happening to us there is one who completely knows and understands. To whom shall we go? There is none other. His name is Jesus.
Other refuge have I none; Hangs my helpless soul on Thee.
Leave, ah, leave me not alone, Still support and comfort me!
All my trust on Thee is stayed, All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head With the shadow of Thy wing.[1]
Heavenly Father, I entrust my life into Your loving hands knowing that You care for me always.
O Lord, we beseech You mercifully to hear us; and grant that we, to whom You have given a fervent desire to pray, may, by Your mighty aid, be defended and comforted in all dangers and adversities; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.[2]




[1][1] Jesus, Lover of My Soul stanza two, The Lutheran Hymnal © 1941 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis

No comments: