Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter Tuesday



Easter Tuesday, April 18, 2017 Psalm 2:7


Psalm 2:7 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 I will tell of the decree:
The LORD said to me, “You are my Son;
    today I have begotten you.

This psalm is ascribed to David in Acts 4:25. The context may be David’s coronation. God’s announcement of a king (e.g. the prophet Nathan announced David’s appointment as Saul’s successor in 2 Samuel 7:5-17 is ultimately fulfilled in Jesus. “You are my Son today I have begotten you.” See 2 Samuel 7:14.  1

The psalmist points to the glorious and visible vindication of Jesus as Son of God. Thus the “day” of this “begetting” was the day of Jesus’ resurrection and exaltation. Jesus will reign forever. Of His kingdom, there shall be no end. He is the eternal king, the Lord and giver of life.   The truth of Jesus' divinity is confirmed by His Resurrection. The Resurrection of the crucified One shows that He was truly, "I Am," the Son of God and God Himself. As is written in the second Psalm, 'You are my Son, today I have begotten You.'" Christ's Resurrection is closely linked to the Incarnation of God's Son and is its fulfillment in accordance with God's eternal plan. Thus, you and I will always remain as Easter people.  Happy and Blessed Easter-and remember-It's a Season and a Way of Life!

Yea, Amen, let all adore Thee. High on Thine eternal throne; Savior, take the pow’r and glory; Claim the kingdom as Thine own. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia! Thou shalt reign, and Thou alone! 2
_____________________
[1] Concordia Study Bible, © 2009 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis
[2] Lo! He Comes with Clouds Descending Stanza 4, Lutheran Service Book, © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis
Luther’s Seal © Ed Riojas, Higher Things

No comments: