Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thursday of Lent 2



Thursday of Lent 2, March 16, 2017 Psalm 25:1-2a      


Psalm 25:1-2 English Standard Version (ESV)

Teach Me Your Paths
[a] Of David.

25 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, in you I trust;
    let me not be put to shame;
    let not my enemies exult over me.

This is the prayer of every faithful believer in Christ. We lift up our soul to the Lord, the One in whom we trust. Included in this prayer are two basic ingredients. We ask not to be put to shame and that our enemies would not exult over us. The last great enemy is death. As we view the crucifixion story in Lent, we know that sin, death and Satan have no claim on us because of the innocent suffering and death of Jesus. Thus, we trust in Christ, our Savior and Lord. We are secure in Him. For this reason, we lift up our soul to Him. We place our confidence in Him alone.    
 
O Lord, strong and mighty, Lord of Hosts and King of glory: Cleanse our hearts from sin, keep our hand pure, and turn our minds from what is passing away; so that at the last we may stand in your holy place and receive your blessing; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen 1

[1] Collect for Thursday of Lent 2,  http://www.liturgies.net/Lent/LentenCollects.htm
Luther’s Seal © Ed Riojas, Higher Things

No comments: