Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mid-week 5


Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Friedheim

Celebrating our 179th Year
10653 N – 550 W
Decatur, IN 46733
www.zionfriedheim.org 
A 21st Century Parish with a 1st Century Faith
Acts 2:42

Mid-week 5
March 29, 2017
Jesus said, “I am the Way
John 14: 1-14

Introduction: As we continue our pilgrimage through Lent, the cross of Calvary looms ahead of us. As the Savior makes His way to Galgatha He will offer us His life. He would remind us “Do not be worried our upset – believe in God – believe also in Me.” (v.1) Jesus is the only way to God.

I. Jesus is the one and only way to life everlasting with the Father.

A. He has created mansions glorious for us.

1. There are many rooms in our Father’s house.

2. Jesus has said, “I am going to prepare a place for you.”
a. Personal space.
b. Made specifically for you
c. Individually created.

2. If it were not so, He would have said so.

B. We will be ushered into these mansions by our gracious Savior.

1. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to Myself.

2. You will be where I am.

Transition: Not only is Jesus the only way to everlasting life – only through Him do we gain access to the Father.

II. We come to the Father through Jesus the Son.

A. Through Him and Him alone, we gain access to the Father.

1. “I am the way the truth and the life, no one goes to the Father except through Me.”
a. He is not one among many gods.
b. There are no other options.

2. Recall Jesus’ word to Philip “Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me?” (v.9)

B. The result of our life in Him is the resulting life everlasting.

1. “If you ask Me anything in My name I will do it.” How should we pray?
a. Temporal gifts and blessings – conditionally – “Thy will be done.”
b. Spiritual gifts and blessings – unconditionally – Requests such as, forgiveness, life, salvation.

2. We live our lives by the words of the hymn, “I’m but a stranger here – heaven is my home.” On earth, we are but pilgrims and strangers.

Conclusion: Jesus – He is the way, the only way; the truth, the only truth; and the life – He offers us life eternal, which comes from the Father.

Words – 405
Passive Sentences – 0%
Readability – 80.2%
Reading Level -4.5


No comments: