Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday of Lent 4

                                


Monday of Lent 4, March 27, 2017 Psalm 27:4-6
                             

Psalm 27:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)

4 One thing have I asked of the LORD,
    that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
    all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
    and to enquire[a] in his temple.
5 For he will hide me in his shelter
    in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
    he will lift me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up
    above my enemies all round me,
and I will offer in his tent
    sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make melody to the LORD.

David is not asking to be a priest. He wants to enjoy God’s presence all his life. As sinners, we cannot see God in worship. But we recognizes God’s goodness and charter. God’s children who come in faith do not find a wrathful, terrifying God. God is beautiful to those who receive the Gospel.  1

It is the Gospel, which has changed us. God the Holy Spirit earnestly wants to convert all people and bring them to salvation through the Gospel. The Holy Spirit turns us through the new birth of Holy Baptism. The Gospel is that means by which the Spirit offers us all the blessings of Christ and creates faith in us. 

O Lord our God, in your Holy Sacraments you have given us a foretaste of the good things of your kingdom: Direct us, we pray, in the way that leads to eternal life, that we may come to appear before you in that place of light where you dwell forever with your saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen 2







[1] Lutheran Study Bible © 2009 Concordia Publishing House, St, Louis

No comments: