Friday, June 3, 2016

Proper 5 Introit & Introit


Proper 5 Series C

Introit
Turn to me and be gra- | cious to me;*
give your strength to your servant, and save the son of your maid- | servant.
On the day I called, you | answered me;*
my strength of soul | you increased.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you pre- | serve my life;*
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand de- | livers me.
The LORD will fulfill his pur- | pose for me;*
your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work | of your hands.
Glory be to the Father and | to the Son*
and to the Holy | Spirit;
as it was in the be- | ginning,*
is now, and will be forever. | Amen.
Turn to me and be gra- | cious to me;*
give your strength to your servant, and save the son of your maid- | servant.

Collect
O Lord, Father of all mercy and God of all comfort, You always go before and follow after us.  Grant that we may rejoice in Your gracious presence and continually be given to all good works; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.

Proper Preface
It is truly good, right, and salutary that we should at all times and in all places give thanks to You, holy Lord, almighty Father, everlasting God, through Jesus Christ, our Lord, who on this day overcame death and the grave and by His glorious resurrection opened to us the way of everlasting life.  Therefore with angels and archangels and with all the company of heaven we laud and magnify Your glorious name, evermore praising You and saying:


Image- Raise of the widow's son by Shnorr von Carolsfeld woodcut - © WELS for personal and congregational use
 

No comments: