Sunday, July 20, 2008

Got a $1,000 shower last night...

...which turned a decent corn crop into a fantastic one! Our farmers could finally catch a break and they got one yesterday with about an inch of rain which fell. We had to run for cover during the parish picnic but the people didn't mind it one bit. A resilient bunch of people they are!




For the third year in a row we have added square dancing to our parish picnic. Here is a group of our college age kids who made it home for the weekend to spend time with the members of their Friedheim family. It wasn't all that long ago that I had them in confirmation class at Wyneken. Where has the time gone?



These two girls will witness the "rite of passage" into adult responsibility as they will get their drivers licence upon completion of the driving test. Once they get that card in their hand they will swing by, pick me up, and take me for a drive. They can always say "the first person I took for a drive after I got my licence was...my pastor..."

We rented a giant slide for the kids to use...thing is I think the adults had as much fun as the little ones.



This is a view of the tent from my garden. Day lilies are coming to an end while the glads are starting to open up. Ah, butterfly heaven.

To see more parish pics go to the link to the Friedheim web site at the bottom of the page.




No comments: