Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday, March 19, 2009 -A Spear – John 19:28-37



When the soldiers went to break the bones of those who were crucified they realized that Jesus had already died. One of soldiers, probably in anger took his spear and had it stabbed in Jesus’ side. Immediately blood and water came out of the wound. John tells us that he witnessed this with his own eyes. He tells us this story so that we can all believe.

Believing in Jesus’ suffering and death is very important. He died on the cross for all of us. He died on the cross so that we could be saved. He died on the cross so that our sins will not stand and we are at last forgiven.

If I sin I know Jesus will forgive me. He will help me so that I do not sin again. He will also help my whole family not to sin but to believe in Jesus Christ as our Savoir. These things were written by John in his gospel so that we might believe. John can be trusted because He was there. He saw it. His words can be trusted.

Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to not sin. Let me know that You are with me. Please help me when I am in trouble. Thank You for Jesus’ suffering, death and resurrection. Amen

-Kaitlyn Lorraine Jenkins


Schnorr von Carolsfeld, woodcuts © WELS Permission to use these copyrighted items is limited to personal and congregational use.

No comments: