Monday, January 11, 2021

Tuesday prior to Epiphany 2

 


Psalm 139:1-10—The key verse of this psalm is verse 14, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well” The Psalmist is saying literally, “Lord you know me as one who formed me yet I cannot begin to comprehend this creature you have fashioned. I can only look upon him with awe and wonder.”

Miracles happen all around us. Some might wonder if the Lord will support them in the New Year. The antiphon affirms He will. He acts in our lives so we can see that the plan He has for us and the path he has determined for us will be the best for us. Fare-thee-well child of God; His sure hand shall guide you.

We are reminded in Acts 17:26-27 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, 27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us.

Jeremiah reminds us, And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, 27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us. -10:23 while Solomon teaches; A man's heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.   Proverbs 16:9

The Psalmist concludes; Show me Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; all day long I wait for You.   Psalms 25:4-5

Collect for Psalm 139: Lord Jesus Christ, whey you descended among the dead, you brought them the light of day when you ascended into heaven you brought it new radiance. Remain with us and lead us along the paths of life until we come to rest with your saints in the holy dwelling place, where with the Father and the Holy Spirit you live and reign now and forever. [1]


[1] Collect for Psalm 139, For All the Saints, a Prayer book for and by the Church, © 1995 The American Lutheran Publicity Bureau, Delhi, NY
Luther’s Seal copyright © Ed Riojas, Higher Things

No comments: