Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday, February 28, 2016




Sunday, February 28, 2016              Thy Kingdom Come 

           

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Matthew 6:33

Seek first the kingdom. Desire above all to live under the rule of the one true God. God’s righteousness or His salvation is what is emphasized. [1]

In the Second Petition, we ask God to bring others into His kingdom of grace. See Matthew 9:38, 2 Thessalonians 3:1[2]

Almighty God, you know that I have no power in myself to help myself: Keep me both outwardly in my body and inwardly in my soul, that I may be defended from all adversities which may happen to the body, and from all evil thoughts which may assault and hurt the soul; through Jesus Christ the Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen[3]


[1] The Lutheran Study Bible, © 2009 Concordia Publishing House St. Louis, MO Pp.1591
[2] Luther’s Small Catechism, 2nd Petition of the Lord’s Prayer © 2008 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis
[3] Collect for the Third Sunday in Lent,  http://www.liturgies.net/Lent/LentenCollects.htm

No comments: