Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday of Lent 4



Saturday of Lent 4 – March 28, 2020–2 Corinthians 4:4-6


1 I want to walk as a child of the light.
I want to follow Jesus.
God set the stars to give light to the world.
The star of my life is Jesus. Refrain

Refrain: In Him there is no darkness at all.
The night and the day are both alike.
The Lamb is the light of the city of God.
Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus.

2 I want to see the brightness of God.
I want to look at Jesus.
Clear Sun of Righteousness, shine on my path,
And show me the way to the Father. Refrain

3 I’m looking for the coming of Christ.
I want to be with Jesus.
When we have run with patience the race,
We shall know the joy of Jesus. Refrain [1]


We often think of Jesus as our light. John begins his Gospel with “the true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world” (John 1:9). In the Nicene Creed, we confess Jesus as “Light from Light.” In the celebration of the Easter Vigil, the service opens by lighting a paschal candle from new fire and acclaiming "the light of Christ." Jesus is that light. The light of God. The light of life.

Lord Jesus Christ, Your body was anointed with holy oil by the woman at the house of Simon the leper to prepare it for burial. May Your Church continue to take care of Your Body as she feeds Your people the holy food of Your very body and blood for the forgiveness of sins; for You live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. [2]


____________________
1. I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light © 1970, 1975 Celebration. Used by permission: LSB Hymn License .NET, no. 100013721.
2. Collect for Saturday of Lent 4  Lutheran Service Book © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis

No comments: