Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 – Restoring a Servant’s Ear – Luke 22:51



God wants me to help other people whenever I can.

He does not want me to say or do anything that would hurt anyone.

Sometimes I might get very angry at other people.

I might not like the things they do.

I can think in my head and plan in my heart how I might hurt them.

God tells me that it is wrong to hurt others when I become angry.

God wants me to find ways to help other people.

There are many ways I can be kind to others.

When I see someone who cannot walk very well I can be kind by holding the door open for them.

This is the kind thing to do.

The Bible tells us, “Be kind to one another” – Ephesians 4:32

The Fifth Commandment
Do not hurt other people – ever!
a. Do not speak mean words
b. Do not kick people
c. Do not knock people down
d. Do not step on other people’s feet
e. Do not yell at others
f. Do not scream at others
g. Do not tell anyone to “shut-up” – this would hurt their feelings and hurt God’s ears.
h. Do not make monster noise at them - this would scare them.

Dear God,
I need to do my best every day even when it is hard
.


-Kolton Everett

Schnorr von Carolsfeld, woodcuts © WELS Permission to use these copyrighted items is limited to personal and congregational use.

No comments: