Sunday, April 6, 2014

5th Sunday in Lent

My Song is Love Unknown – Lutheran Service Book #430
Isaiah 52:13-53:3; Romans 5:6, 10; Philippians 2:5-11; Acts 3:13-15



My song is love unknown
My Savior’s love to me,
Love to the loveless shown
That they might lovely be.
Oh, who am I
That for my sake
My Lord should take
Frail flesh and die?

God’s glory was the dominating purpose of Christ’s life. The time for glory was there for Jesus. (see John 12:23) The life of Jesus was arranged so that he could reveal the glory of the Father by word and deed and then seal that glory by His sacrifice on the cross. Jesus prayed for this and received an immediate answer. (John 12:28)

Almighty God, by Your great goodness mercifully look upon Your people that we may be governed and preserved evermore in body and soul; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.[1]



[1] Lutheran Service Book, Collect for Lent 5; © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis 

No comments: