Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 6: Abraham and Sarah – Genesis 12


The LORD had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you. “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran. He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Haran, and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there.

Just like Abram we may have to move to places we don’t know about. Emilie had to move to a new place and leave all her friends behind. Her parents said they would give her anything she wanted. We are like Abram, we may have to move unexpectedly. Yet, we are blessed by God, when we move because we can make new friends – especially in our church family. Abram and Emilie were very much alike.
-Gabrielle Brandt

Dear Lord Jesus, Hear my prayer. If I move, let me see that You alone guide me. Jesusk keep me kindly so I may be friendly. Amen
Schnorr von Carolsfeld woodcuts © WELS permission granted for personal and congregatgional use.

No comments: