Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 11: Joseph reunited with his brothers – Genesis 43-45



Joseph worked hard and became a ruler. One day, Joseph’s brothers came to the country where Joseph was. They did not know that the ruler was their own brother. They asked Joseph for some help. Joseph gave them food to eat. Joseph was kind to his brothers. After awhile Joseph told his brothers who he was. The brothers remembered how mean they had been to Joseph many years ago. Now they were afraid. But Joseph said, “Don’t be afraid. I will not hurt you.” Because Joseph loved God, he told his brothers, “I forgive you.”

Sometimes we get very angry at other people.
We do not like the things they do.
We think in our head and plan in our heat how we might hurt them.
God tells us that it is wrong to hurt others when we become angry.
God wants us to find ways to help other people.

There are many ways I can be kind to others.

1. When I see someone who cannot walk very well I can be kind by holding the door open for them.
2. I can help people up if they fall down.
3. If someone drops something I can help them by picking it up.
4. I can collect library books for the library.
5. I can give offerings and food for families who are hungry.
6. I can shovel the sidewalks at school when it snows.

This is the kind thing to do.

The Bible tells us “Be kind to one another” – Ephesians 4:32
-Kolton Everett

Lord, today make me an instrument of your peace.


Sources:
Schnorr von Carolsfeld woodcuts © WELS used by permission for private and congregational use
Read With Me Bible – An NIV Story Bible for Children © 1993 by The Zondervan Corporation Grand Rapids, MI

No comments: