Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ah, weddings


Yesterday I had an outdoor wedding at the Lakeside Rose Garden in Ft. Wayne. As I left for the wedding it was raining buckets thinking that we would have to do the wedding at the reception hall. But the rain stopped, the sun came out and the wedding went off without any problems except for one. The start of the 3 Rivers Parade in Ft. Wayne was delayed because of the rain so when the vows were being spoken four F-16 jets came streaking across the sky. I had to stop the vows until the rumble of the jets subsided. The wedding continued. No sooner had I spoken the benediction whereupon the jets returned giving the happy couple a tip of the wing with another fly-by! Perfect timing...I guess there's always a first for everything. Congratulations Hanna and David!

No comments: