Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday of Lent 1



Friday of Lent 1 – March 15, 2019 – Psalm 91:16


With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.
In times of trouble, the Lord is our only sure dwelling place and refuge. The Lords loves everyone who puts his trust in Him, and so He promises, “When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will rescue him and honor him,’
There are numerous promises the Lord gives us in Psalm 91 This final promise assures us the Lord will be present each day in every circumstance. We do not know what tomorrow has to offer except for this reality; the Lord will guide your future as He has the past. Trust in Him all your days. His guiding hand will show you His promised salvation.
Count on the Lord’s promises established in this comforting psalm
 "I will rescue him..."(deliver, cause to escape) "I will protect him..."(set him on a high place) "I will answer him..."(respond to, speak clearly through His word) "I will be with him in trouble..." (in afflictions, in distress) "I will deliver him..." (rescue, to bring into safety) "and honor him..." (to make strong, heavy with honor) "With long life will I satisfy him..." (to have abundance in the journey) "and show him my salvation." (let him see my deliverance & victory)
Lord Christ, our eternal Redeemer, grant us such fellowship in Your sufferings, that filled with Your Holy Spirit, we may subdue the flesh to the spirit, and the spirit to You, and at the last attain to the glory of Your resurrection; who live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.[1]
 Lord Jesus, Son of the Most High God, You freed many from their bondage to demons, demonstrating Your power over the evil one. Show us Your mercy when we are overcome by the darkness of sin, death, and the devil, and protect us by Your mighty Word that does what it says; for You live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. [2]


[2] Collect for Friday of Lent 1 Lutheran Service Book © 2006 Concordia Publishing House, St. Louis

No comments: