Saturday, February 25, 2017

Our Lenten Pilgrimage

During our 2017 Lenten pilgrimage, we will be reviewing the Psalms. The readings, which are listed for each day, come to us from the Propers which we use Sunday mornings in worship.

Along with the reading this year you will find a brief commentary taken from The Lutheran Study Bible. This brief explanation will set the tone for each daily devotion and give the theological significance to each passage.

A brief devotional thought drawn from the Catechism has been written for each day of the week during Lent.

The concluding prayers are taken from the following on-line source, http://www.liturgies.net/Lent/LentenCollects.htm

Biblical sources The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.

During our Mid-week Lenten services, we will review some of the great “I AM” statements of Jesus as follows:

Ash Wednesday – 1 March 2017
“I am the light of the world”
Mid-week #2 – 8 March 2017
“I am the good shepherd”
 Mid-week #3 -  15 March 2017
“I am the vine”
Mid-week #4 -  22 March 2017
“I am the way”
Mid-week #5 -  29 March 2017
“I am the gate”
Mid-week #6 -  5 April 2017
“Before Abraham was, I am”
M Thursday -  13 April  2017
“I am the bread of life”
G Friday -  14 April 2017
“Are you the Christ?...I am”
Easter Sunrise – 16 April 2017
“Tell them, I am has sent you.”
Easter Festival -  16 April  2016
“I am the Resurrection”

May God bless our Lenten Pilgrimage




Image: Luther’s Seal © Ed Riojas, Higher Things

No comments: