So, who are you really? With whom do you identify? What makes your present reality?
1. The resurrection is your present reality. We are EASTER people.
A. Why seek ye the living among the dead?
1. This world is fallen – See Psalm 42
2. We are fallen.
3. All systems in this world are fallen and broken.
B. He is not here.
1. You can’t find Jesus in death.
2. You can’t find Jesus in what is broken.
C. He is risen.
1. See the place
a. An empty tomb.
b. A rolled away stone.
c. A guard who had abandoned their post.(Vs.2)
Transition: We are EASTER people because of the evidence. But there is more - we have seen Him.
2. An eye-witness encounter with Jesus Christ is what has changed this world.
A. Consider Mary.
1. Distraught over the events of the past few days.
a. She was a witness of Jesus’ arrest, trial, passion, death, burial. Who could forget such events?
b. Now an empty tomb – even more drama! The grief blinded her to the present reality. She could not see Jesus stand right before her.
2. But with one word all grief and pain was gone.
a. He spoke her name.
b. He speaks your name –
1. In baptism
2. In His Word
3. In His Supper
B. He goes before you also.
1. To order your days and direct your path.
2. To prepare a place for you.
3. To give you His new life.
Christ is risen! He is risen indeed Hallelujah! Schnorr von Carolsfeld woodcuts © WELS used by permission for personal and congregational use.