Sunday, July 11, 2010

Children's talk - Introduction to the Lord's Prayer



One day Jesus was praying
One of His friends asked Him “Jesus teach us to pray”
Jesus said, when you are praying, you must say
“Father Your name must be kept holy
Your Kingdom must come
Keep on giving us each day the food we need for the next day.
And forgive us our sins, for we also try to forgive everyone who does bad things to us.
And don’t let us be led into temptation.”

We pray to our Father in heaven as Jesus taught us.


1. What is prayer?
Prayer is talking to God in our minds or with our voices.
a. I can pray silently in my mind.
b. I can pray out loud with my voice.
c. Because I am God’s child and He is my Father I can pray anywhere.

2. Who can pray to God?
God listens to everyone who believes in Jesus.

3. Where can I pray?
We may pray at home
We may pray at church
We may pray in the field
We may pray in the cab of the tractor
We may pray everywhere.

4. When does God want me to pray?
God wants us to pray anytime
God wants us to pray often

Our Father who art in heaven
This means …
God is our dear Father and we are God’s dear children
Jesus paid for our sins so God will always hear us
We will want to talk to God our Father often
I pray – God listens
I speak- God hears
I ask- God answers
I listen- God talks loud and clear in the Bible


From God’s Word
Psalm 91:15 – The Lord says, “Call upon Me, and I will answer.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray always

Jesus You have walked with me
And showed me what to do.
In Your Word You tell me all
To “Love as I loved you.”

No comments: