Saturday, June 29, 2013

Proper 8

Luke 9:51-62
June 30, 2013

Lord of all power and might, author and giver of all good things, graft into our hearts the love of Your name and nourish us with all goodness that we may love and serve our neighbor; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.

Commitment to Christ Requires total Surrender

We encounter numerous excuses not to follow Christ,. Have things changed over the years?
1.        “I will follow you wherever you go.”  - “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
A.        I will follow so long as I am not inconvenienced.
B.        I will follow so long as my creature comforts are not compromised.
C.        I will follow but don’t make this discipleship too difficult!
2.        I will follow you, Lord; but first, let me go back and say good-by o my family.” Jesus replied, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
A.        We need a total focus.
B.        Jesus will take second seat to no one

Where are your priorities. John the Baptist, “I must decrease, He must increase.”

No comments: